I want my ident to be sinister, similar to the opening titles of the BBC's dark comedy "Stag". This would set the scene for a slightly tense film opening, aspects of the ident foreshadowing the film opening.
An anchor will flash on and of the screen accompanied by lightning and the sound of thunder. This will be over a background of a stormy sea. with the flash of lightening the ocean background will light up. Here is a draft i drew up on adobe draw of the words and image that will flash on during my ident.
Filming
Wonderfully my friend has lent me a DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and as a result I was able to acquire footage of some decent swell at Scarborough Bay.

Production
For production of the ident I used Adobe Illustrator and Adobe after effects.
The first step was to find an anchor image, convert it to a vector and edit the shape so it was symmetrical. Converting the image to a vector meant that it could now be treated as a 3D object (necessary to be affected by light etc). On a separate layer I added an "Anchor Productions" vector.
Next I imported both vectors and the waves clip into after affects. As the waves video was significantly longer than the ident would be I chose the most suitable clip. The waves would sustain throughout the entire ident however the vector graphics would not, so I adjusted the timings of each entity.
Using after effects I was then able to add lightening, then when struck, would light up the wave video behind.
Finally, diegetic and non diegetic sound.
Non diegetic; To create a sinister atmosphere I accompanied the ident four note progression in a minor key, played on a double bass. I built this into the soundtrack.
Digetic; I needed to create the sound of a storm - thunder, lightning and heavy rain, these effects were available on Final Cut Pro. The thunder effect I added worked well because it replicated the sound of crashing waves.
Here is the finished ident;
No comments:
Post a Comment