Wednesday, 9 November 2016

Feedback 31st October

Amy,

Overall I feel your have made a good start to the course. I have been impressed with your enthusiasm and desire to do well. Your written work is good, although often lacks the detail needed to attain higher level grading. You are currently working at a low Proficient level (C); in order to ensure your work falls comfortably within your targeted B grade, you should do the following going forward:

Your analyses need to make better use of semiotics. This means describing denotation and connotation. In other words what is shown and what is implied. You understand these concepts but don’t refer to them correctly. See me if you are unsure.

Pay close attention to camera movement as well as shot types. If you’re unsure about these, ask me.

Now that we are approaching production, I would recommend that you start blogging more regularly on everything that you are doing on the course. This could start with your swede; write a blog (or do a vlog) on your contribution to the production and what your challenges/difficulties were in achieving your swede.

No comments:

Post a Comment